Wow Cartographe
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

Converting Coordinates

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Reonis

Converting Coordinates Empty
MessageSujet: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Jan - 2:05

It would be nice to be able convert Thottbot coordinates to Cartographe's internal location. This would allow more automation of adding information to this fine program. Any ideas?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Reonis

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeDim 28 Jan - 17:58

Okay, I'd also like to see a way to export data from the database. I've some basic programming skills and I'd love to be able to export data from the French database, tweak the language and then submit it for the English database.
Tixu
Carto
Carto

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeLun 29 Jan - 18:06

Unfortunately, ingame coords and wowcarto coords does'nt match.

With early stages of wow 1.0, addon were able to read world coordinates, but blizzard quickly remove the fonction of their Api to prevent teleport hacka,d other illegal stuff.

so, at this time, there is no way to do such importations, easily, in wowcarto.

i have few idea to have "thottbot" coords showing up in wowcarto, but these coords are not accurate enought to be usable in wow carto for importation.
http://tixu.scribe.free.fr/
Reonis

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeLun 29 Jan - 20:35

Please let me know if I should leave this alone; but, these coordinates can be very exact.

[Seuls les administrateurs ont le droit de voir cette image]

...I've edited Punky Coords to show four points of precision instead of what you normally see of two. If you compare the 53.54 on the bottom of the screenshot (what you normally see abbreviated in Thottbot and such) to the more exact location 5283.5362 at the top. If I take one step in WoW, it'll update the last point of precision.

The original Punky Coords with two points of precision to my edited version that shows four points.

Also, I'm not really looking to discover a way to do importing of data as that's already available using the Wow_ajouts_US.txt file. What I'd like to be able to do is export the data from the French version. I hate to beg for too much but if I had access to the original text file that you use before converting to your database file; I could translate the simple things and submit it to the US database.
Reonis

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeMar 6 Fév - 2:17

Has anyone thought about this since I posted it? Any ideas or sugguestions?
chevalier

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeJeu 8 Fév - 19:42

je reprend le sujet, et je m'excuse par avance si la chose a déjà été dite, mais mon anglais n'est pas de très haut niveau.

Pourquoi n'est-il pas possible de traduir une coordoonée WoW (par exemple 61,47) dans wow carto? Il suffirait de faire une sorte de grille pour chaque zone. J'ai parfois de la peine à savoir où je suis dans le jeu (la minimap étant trop petite) et c'est surtout difficile de rajouter des infos dans le carto au bon endroit (je le fais souvent approximativement). Si on pouvait d'abord indiqué l'endroit par les coordoonées, on serait sur de mettre les ajouts au bon endroit (et ça serait plus facile de se repérer également)

Une idée ?
Reonis

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeVen 9 Fév - 2:29

I agree. It would be nice to know of a way to convert between the two systems. I've thought about laying out a grid and creating a way to convert; but, I don't have much time right now. Hopefully someone can devise a way and implement it into Carto for future versions.
Kastel

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeVen 9 Fév - 10:26

salut,

Dans tout ca il y a un trucs capital que vous négliger!
En effet les Coordoné comme vous le dite ont été attribué arbitrairement.

Si on regarde bien comment elle fonctionne:
0->100 sur x et 0->100 sur y (jusque la rien de complexe)
Le truc c'est que les zones (regions dans wow comment strangleronce ....) ne sont pas carré ou rectangle a l'instar des "MAP" (touche "m" pour les voir IG ^^ ) qui elles sont bien carré. On peu meme dire qu'a certain endroit il y a 2 voir 3 coordonnées differente pour un meme point, cela depend en fait de Wow et de la region dans laquel on se trouve.

L'attribution des coordonnées sur la minimap est donné par le map du jeu et non la minimap. Hors le carto se sert des minimaps et ne peux par conséquant attribué des valeur de coodonné identique a celle fourni en jeu par divers addon.
Reonis

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitimeVen 9 Fév - 12:59

I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your post, Kastel; but, I'll try to take a closer look at it later today. I usually just use Babel Fish or Google Translate and hope I understand the results; but, I'm confused this time.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Converting Coordinates   Converting Coordinates Icon_minitime

Converting Coordinates
Page 1 sur 1