Wow Cartographe
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Can't generate maps with 1.20

4 participants
AuteurMessage
JaimSandar

Can't generate maps with 1.20 Empty
MessageSujet: Can't generate maps with 1.20   Can't generate maps with 1.20 Icon_minitimeDim 5 Déc - 19:28

I have been using WowCartographe for a very long time, and really appreciate having it around, thank you!

After installing WowCartographe 1.20 and it prompts to generate the maps, I am stuck. I can't make it find the mpq files to continue. I don't remember having this difficulty with past versions; I have even successfully used it on computers without WoW installed, accessing the data on network shares to generate the maps. But with 1.20 if there is a way to select the data for the maps, I haven't found it.

I have reviewed the postings on this forum, but I don't understand French and even with the help of an online French to English translator, I haven't found an answer that I can understand.

Thank you in advance for assistance with this matter.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Elohir

MessageSujet: Re: Can't generate maps with 1.20   Can't generate maps with 1.20 Icon_minitimeLun 6 Déc - 23:03

Même problème que notre camarade :

Windows 7 64b (version EN)
WoW (le jeux) dans D:\Program Files\Word of Warcraft (version EN)
WoW Carto dans D:\Program Files\WoWCartographe, dernier version installée (1.20, version US)

Je lance WoWCarto, je ferme l'écran de mise à jour de la DB (à jour), à l'écran de génération des cartes j'ai D:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\ dans le chemin et 4 fichiers MPQ grisés en dessous (D:\...\data\patch-3.mpq, patch-2.mpq, patch.mpq et common.mpq). Fichiers qui n'existent pas d'ailleurs... Si je clique générer j'obtiens "No Mpq has been found. Please check your WoW directory."...

(Client WoW arrêté, droits Admin (run as) sur WoW Carto)

Manifestement le programme ne cherche pas les fichiers MPQ de la version Cataclysm sur ma config...

No

Qlques minutes + tard:

En passant sur la version Fr de la base de données (mais WoWCarto reste en anglais), l'écran de génération de carte est correct (chemin bon et liste des MPQ non grisée : art.MPQ, wow-update-13164.MPQ, ...) et les cartes correctement générées...

Si je repasse ne databse US -> écran de génération des cartes avec le pb (mauvais fichiers MPQ) et message indiquant qu'il manque des "map-images"...

=> pb en version US (database)...

oleander

MessageSujet: Re: Can't generate maps with 1.20   Can't generate maps with 1.20 Icon_minitimeLun 13 Déc - 19:04

JaimSandar a écrit:
I have been using WowCartographe for a very long time, and really appreciate having it around, thank you!
Unfortunately I'm as stuck as you are. Been using it forever, so I'm equally sad to see it stop working.

The "Generate the maps" help text says:

"If neccessary and if you know what you are actually doing, it's possible to add new mpq archives to the list and to sort them."

How?

I don't think the english version will function before someone fix this problem or provide a solution to how to manually add thoose mpq's.

Right now, the program only sees the old files:
patch-3.mpq
patch-2.mpq
patch.mpq
common.mpq

I've started using the french version, but not being a native (heck, I'm not even native to english) french speaker doing conversions between to foreign laguages, is really an uphill battle.. Sad
Tixu
Carto
Carto

MessageSujet: Re: Can't generate maps with 1.20   Can't generate maps with 1.20 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Déc - 10:49

The US db has not been updated yet into the cataclysm format (I didnt found the time at all). I will do this asap.

however, like the french db, all old continents will be cleaned, since everything has changed.
http://tixu.scribe.free.fr/
oleander

MessageSujet: Re: Can't generate maps with 1.20   Can't generate maps with 1.20 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Déc - 18:46

Tixu a écrit:
The US db has not been updated yet into the cataclysm format (I didnt found the time at all). I will do this asap.

Having an expansion with such cataclysmic effect on the landscape (pun intended) I can certainly see why you have to work overtime to get the programs back in shape.
I also understand fully that the french version is being prioritized.

Just to hear that the english version is not being abandoned is great news.

Tixu a écrit:
however, like the french db, all old continents will be cleaned, since everything has changed.

Having used WoW Carto since vanilla, I guess this would be a good time to step up to do my share.
I hope to be able to reuse the great work already made by the french playerbase.

Now, if there were a lazy way of doing a search-replace on the french db to change the names into the english ones...
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Can't generate maps with 1.20   Can't generate maps with 1.20 Icon_minitime

Can't generate maps with 1.20
Page 1 sur 1